The San Blas Islands, also known as the Guna Yala Islands, are a stunning archipelago off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Chichime Island is one of the many islands that make up this beautiful region, without a doubt, this island is considered the best island in San Blas. This island are known for their white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, making them a popular destination for tourists and travelers, is perfect for singles, couples or families that want to stay away from crowded beaches.
PLACE OF DEPARTURE
Between 5:30 and 6 am
Depart from the island after breakfast between 8 and 8:30 a.m., arriving in town around 11:30 a.m. (it is possible to leave later with an additional cost 📌See on Important Information)
DURATION OF CAR TRIP
115 km from the City, between 2:30 and 3 hours
DURATION OF BOAT TRIP
The island is located about 40 minutes from the port
WHEN TO BOOK?
Spots in San Blas are very limited. You can book up to the day before the tour, as long as there are places remaining.
We recommend that you book now to guarantee your spot.
Cancel up to 72 hours in advance to receive a full refund. Please read our Refund Policy for more details
✔︎ Round trip ground transport from your accommodation in Panama City
✔︎ Accommodation in the chosen cabin
✔︎ Boat rides to and from the port
✔︎ Typical Meals
✔︎ Tour: Chichime Island, Perro Island/Sunken Ship, Natural Pool
✔︎ Fee for the Perro Island
✖︎ Drinks such as beer, rum, water, or soda are available on the island for an additional fee ($ 1.50 - $ 2 each)
✖︎ Entrance to the Guna Yala territory + port fee: Panamanian Citizens and Foreign Residents $ 8 /// Tourist $ 23 /// From 6 years old
✖︎ Snorkeling Equipment
CABINS & PRICES
PRICE PER PERSON
1 Night $ 175.00 Including 3 meals
2 Nights $ 235.00 Including 6 meals
3 Nights $ 295.00 Including 9 meals
Every additional day in Shared Cabin cost only $ 60 per person/including 3 meals
PRIVATE CABIN WITH EXTERNAL BATHROOM
PRICE PER PERSON
PRIVATE CABIN BATHROOM INSIDE
PRICE PER PERSON
TRANSPORTATION FROM PANAMA CITY TO THE PORT
• Roundtrip 4x4 transportation from your accommodation (Hotel/Hostel/Apartment) in the Downtown of Panama City only.
We won't pick anyone up from these places: Westin Playa Bonita, Dreams Playa Bonita, or any of the hotels in Playa Blanca.
In the areas far from downtown , the meeting point can be: supermarket, gas station or parking lot (to be decided during the reservation).
San Blas Dreams is not responsible for reservations outside this area.
• Every day from 5:30 am we start to pick up our customers meaning we can reach to you from that time to 6:00 am, SUVs we have fit up to 6 people, which means that depending on the route before you can collect other customers. Sometimes it happens that customers are not ready and we are forced to wait for them (we try not to leave anyone behind). In this case we ask you for a little patience, we always do our best to be with you as soon as possible.
LATE CHECK OUT
📌 For late checkout You must pay $20 per person (minimum 2 persons), lunch included, You will be back in the city around 7p.m.
With late check out you must leave the cabin after breakfast to allow cleaning and have it ready for the new guests who will arrive. You will have a place to leave your things until you leave the island (around 3:00 p.m. on the last day).
*(Please at the moment you make your reservation, it's important that you notify us if you will be doing a late-check-out, in order to make a better organization, because if you do it at the island it might not be available).
• From December to April it is very high season, the places on the islands are limited, we recommend booking as soon as possible.
• It is advisable to carry only a small bag with what is necessary to spend the days on the islands, leave your large suitcase in the city, there is not enough space in the car and it could get wet during the boat trip.
• This "Comarca" (Guna Yala or more commonly known as San Blas Islands) is a paradise where it is only allowed to people from its community to work there, tourism is something new to them, their infrastructure is currently under development and service might not be entirely satisfactory in some cases, if you are an intransigent or demanding person with schedules or if you are looking for a 5 stars service, this tour is not for you, but if you wish to enjoy extraordinary beaches in the Caribbean then we invite you to book with us.
We really care about our reputation. We’re not a booking agency that tells you whatever you want to hear to get you to book a trip.
Please read all our information well.
• Some things you need to know before the trip to the San Blas Islands. Click here
• The use of Drones is not allowed in the San Blas Islands. You could get a fine and get your drone taken away from you.
San Blas Dreams is not responsible and can't intervene in any way, regarding the decisions made by the Guna General Congress.
This is a small guide that we created to give travelers a greater vision of the island they choose to book, it was generated from the feedback of the clients who have traveled with us over the years and from our continuous presence on the islands what allows us to live the experience personally.
In no way we want to influence the choice of customers, we simply try to explain as much as possible what to expect on the island.
Food: Guna Yala's Master Chef
Beach: Large and spacious, perfect to find your spot and enjoy the sea
Service: Very good service and handling of the island in general, customer satisfaction 100%
• Meals are included starting with lunch on the first day and ending with breakfast the last day (With late check out the last day includes lunch)
• Shared Cabin: there is a shared dormitory for 9/12 people with sand floor.
• Private Cabins with external bathroom: there are 2 private cabins with sand floor with semi-private external bathroom (the island offers a lock to keep the toilet private). They can accommodate 2 or more people.
• The bathroom they are separate from all accommodations and quite basic. There are 5 toilets and 6 showers shared between all guests.
• Private Cabins with bathroom inside: There are 3 private cabins with wooden floor, private bathroom inside and a private balcony where guests can eat here if they wish. They can accommodate 2 or more people.
• All types of cabins have electricity from 5pm and you can recharge your devices.
• Volleyball: Yes
• This island offers: Kayak, and Snorkel Equipment when available
WHAT TO BRING